Turku Science Park deck
Procurement launch phase timetable
- Questions related to the procurement are to be submitted through the Supplier Portal by 19 August 2021 at 1pm.
- The answers will be published through the Supplier Portal by 26 August 2021.
- The participation application must be submitted through the Supplier Portal by 6 September 2021 at 1pm.
Tendering was launched for the Science Park deck area on 2 July 2021.The aim is to have a high-quality overall plan for the area that will involve city centre-type construction, tall buildings and versatile hybrid facilities. The Science Park area is very important for the planned One Hour Train connection and other public transport, so in order to improve accessibility and internal mobility, functional solution models are required to integrate the Kupittaa railway station and mobility services with the rest of it.
The procurement planning zone is mostly located in the Itäharju industrial area, which is a variable land use area. It currently includes sections that are in industrial and office use as well as general areas, traffic areas and related road-side areas and temporary parking areas. The majority of the properties are owned by the city, but there also are sections that are privately owned and leased as well as a railway area belonging to the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.
The infrastructure projects and more detailed planning of the public procurement are focused on the city-owned land areas surrounding the planned deck. The urban area development plan for the entire planning zone will be reformed more extensively on the basis of the overall plan and the further development of the alliance phase in cooperation with landowners.
The planning zone forms a connection for traffic and operations between two sections of the city that are currently fairly separate. As a result of the reforms, Helsinginkatu and the railway are no longer obstacles and Itäharju becomes a natural part of the Science Park area.
The Science Park deck procurement package
- Overall plan for preparing an urban area development plan; will encompass the other sub-entities.
- Infrastructure project consisting of a deck crossing Helsinginkatu and the railway, and a compulsory parking facility to be built on the Itäharju side.
- Taito campus of the Turku Vocational Institute receiving synergy benefits from Turku University of Applied Sciences and other campus actors in the region.
- Additional procurement opportunities (options) as viable parts of the deck project.