Kupittaa Partnership Project
Kupittaa Partnership Project procurement
Procurement launch phase timetable
- A presentation for the project and the materials for the invitation to tender will be held on Wednesday 12 January 2022 from 9am to 11pm.
Presentation of Kupittaa Partnership Project 22.1.2022 (pdf, in Finnish)
- Questions related to the procurement are to be submitted through the Supplier Portal by 13 January 2022 at 1pm.
The answers will be published through the Supplier Portal by 17 January 2022.
- The participation application must be submitted through the Supplier Portal by 31 January 2022 at 1pm.
Tendering was launched for the future Science Park deck area on 22 December 2021 as the Kupittaa Partnership Project. The aim of the project is to create a series of urban spaces in the planning zone to form a strong and energetic core for the Turku Science Park. Combining public space and various services, the area will bring more vitality to the Science Park and support the operations of the rapidly growing group of actors in the area.
The objective is to have a high-quality overall plan that will involve city centre-type construction, tall buildings and versatile hybrid facilities. The Science Park area is very important for the planned One Hour Train connection and other public transport, so in order to improve accessibility and internal mobility, functional solution models are required to integrate the Kupittaa railway station and mobility services with the rest of it.
The procurement planning zone is mostly located in the Itäharju industrial area, which is a variable land use area. It currently includes sections that are in industrial and office use as well as general areas, traffic areas and related road-side areas and temporary parking areas. The majority of the properties are owned by the city, but there also are sections that are privately owned and leased as well as a railway area belonging to the Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency.
The infrastructure projects and more detailed planning of the public procurement are focused on the city-owned land areas surrounding the planned deck. The urban area development plan for the entire planning zone will be reformed more extensively on the basis of the overall plan and the further development of the alliance phase in cooperation with landowners.
The planning zone forms a connection for traffic and operations between two sections of the city that are currently fairly separate. As a result of the reforms, Helsinginkatu and the railway are no longer obstacles and Itäharju becomes a natural part of the Science Park area.
Kupittaa Partnership Project procurement package
- Overall plan for preparing an urban area development plan; will encompass the other sub-entities.
- Infrastructure project consisting of a deck crossing Helsinginkatu and the railway, and a compulsory parking facility to be built on the Itäharju side.
- Taito campus of the Turku Vocational Institute receiving synergy benefits from Turku University of Applied Sciences and other campus actors in the region.
- Additional procurement opportunities (options) as viable parts of the deck project.
- Obligations and permitted building volume.